Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rags in a Box and Change the Locks

Greetings Friends!
      I've decided to write a follow up to the Boll Weevil blog due to the numerous stories about folks who crash at your home without paying rent or making any attempt to support themselves.  If you are a kind soul, chances are that someone has asked or will in the future ask you to let them stay at your home for a "little while".  Of course, you believe in helping others and that is a good thing.  However, that "little while" turns into weeks, then months, and even years, well you might just be a SUCKER!  I know, it sounds harsh, but not as harsh as the added expenses that you've taken on to support the boll weevil.  (If you haven't read my Boll Weevil blog, then I recommend that you do so.)
Therefore, this blog addresses how to get rid of the leeching guest who has worn out their welcome.  Here are a few tricks that I may have had to employ over the years to send folks on their way:

1)  My guest bed is very uncomfortable and I make sure that it stays that way.

2)  Once when I lived out in California, I discovered that my house guest of nine months was terrified of earthquakes.  Well, desperate times call for desperate measures and I am not ashamed to say that one night I crawled on the floor and shook their bed. (Sorry Mom!)  She booked her flight home the next day.

3)  Some guests are sensitive to the heat or cold.  I have adjusted my thermostat on occasion to expel a guest from time to time.

4)  When all else fails and you've tried everything rational, employ the RBCL method.  This is what you do to the folks who are living off you, not paying any rent, and taking advantage of your generosity.  Despite numerous pleas, they won't leave your residence.  You put their Rags in a Box and Change the Locks.  (Note:  In some states, you might have to give them 30 days’ notice)
While the fourth option may seem a bit cruel, trust me when you are no longer tripping over their stinky underwear on the floor it will all make sense.  The money that you save on food, electricity, and other things will also help you feel better.

Stay frugal!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To the left, to the left...Everything you own in a box to the left."--Beyonce

    ReplyDelete